What can I do to help prevent a surgical site infection?
- Take a shower the night before and the morning of surgery. Follow these simple steps:
- Wash your hair first with any shampoo.
- Wash all of your body using a liquid antibacterial soap and a clean washcloth for each shower.
- Rinse well to remove all soap.
- Dry your body with a clean towel.
- Do not use lotion, cream or powder.
- Do not shave or clip the area where the surgery will be done unless your physician directs you to do so.
- On the day of your procedure make sure you, your family and any other caregivers wash hands frequently while at the facility and at home following your surgery. Also, do not hesitate to ask members of your health care team at the facility if they have washed their hands!
- After your procedure make sure you, your family and any other caregivers wash their hands frequently. Also, be sure you follow all instructions provided by your health care team regarding the care and cleaning of your surgical site as well as the administration of post-operative medications and bandages.
Address and Contact Information
2905 West Warner Road
Chandler, AZ 85224-1610
Telephone: (480) 603-9000
Fax: (480) 603-9107
Telephone: (480) 603-9159
Fax: (480) 603-9137
Telephone: (480) 603-9011
Fax: (480) 603-9101
Telephone: (480) 603-9014
Fax: (480) 603-9075
Telephone: (480) 603-9060
Fax: (480) 603-9103
Telephone: (480) 603-9040
Fax: (480) 603-9050
Inpatient Nursing Station
Telephone: (480) 603-9182
Fax: (480) 603-9109
Telephone: (480) 603-9067
Fax: (480) 603-9168
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.